ABOUT

ABOUT
ABOUT

Monday 21 November 2011

yes, you there.

Welcome, my sweets.
I see you there my cheeky little minions.

Do gather round. I believe it's time we had a little chat. 
You see, I've got this thing. It relates to this wonder we like to call electronic music. 

I'd sort of noticed it in the intro of Baba O'Reilly, driving too fast in my good ol' mom car with the top down out in the boons when I was seventeen.
The first time I really recognized it was on a train to Denmark on my year off, whizzing past thick fields and slow, heaving windmills. Thinking of the amount of world I was crossing.

Of course it was Robyn that made me realize it. 




She knew it when she made the video but I didn't know it til my Doc Martens, my thirsty eyes and I were steadily and whimsically attacking a continent.


This thing, that I'm ultimately attracted to, is music with movement.


It's those rolling synths, that quaking sub and those keys that you can't quite place.
that quality that only those sounds really have when they come together that is just. moving.
It's not that it makes me want to move, it's not that it has motion.


It just is movement.


You'll find me rambling a lot about house music, dubstep, grime, europop, drum n bass and mostly just pop music. and listen, it's not all about that nasty, raw thumping bass that makes us all wanna shake our junk.
Enough of this stigma around dance music sillies.


honestly it's what I grew up on, it's what I come back to.
it's what I feel on planes, trains, automobiles and when I'm exploring.


it's moving, that's all.



No comments:

Post a Comment